Spring aeration is one of the essential activities which a garden or a yard owner must perform. Aeration is a necessary process where pores are created on the soil so that more air can pass between the plants and the outer environment.
The process is implemented when no air or water reaches the soil, plants, or trees. Tiny pores are created on the earth so that mindset and the proper amount of water are achieved towards the roots of plants and trees. The process is used explicitly for enough air transportation. And it is recommended to implement it in the time of spring or when the spring is just near.
Hence, when you feel like spring is near, i.e., after one month, we highly recommend using aeration.
Why Spring Is Best for Aeration
Here are the points that highlight why springtime is best for aeration.
- Spring is when all the plants and trees are in the growth process at their peak points. Hence, aeration means more chances of growing these plants and trees in a better way than the usual routine.
- There is a warmer environmental condition in the spring, which is reasonable to start the aeration process. And in this temperature, it’s dead easy for all plants and trees to absorb required substances, food, air, and water. The better the way of their absorption means higher are the chances for aeration.
- It does not matter if you create larger or smaller holes in the soil. The best point is that there are more chances of filling these holes in spring after enough aeration is accessed to the plants and trees.
- Another important reason for spring aeration is the moisture issues which are less this month than the average days. Aeration in this environment will occur quickest than in all other conditions. Even if you create artificial spring conditions for the growth of plants and trees, it’s not enough, and you are unable to reach the natural spring environmental and aeration results at that time.
Spring Aeration Tips
Here are some essential tips for the aeration process that you should keep in mind.
- Using plug aeration instead of forks aeration is recommended. In division, aeration holes are created in the soil, which is not for the later results, and you can face difficulties while refilling the holes. In the plug aeration, plugs are removed from the soil, which is advantageous.
- Please don’t remove the plugs away from the soil after removing the plugs. The reason is that plugs themselves are a great way of offering enough nutrients.
- Before performing aeration, ensure that your lawn or soil is highly hydrated. Hydration before aeration is necessary for all ways.
Hence, from the above discussion, it is proved that spring aeration is essential in all aspects. Although it’s time and attention taking, performing it exactly is the reason for highly positive results. For more information on aeration and tips, keep reading our latest blogs.